Hi there! Alex here. Data privacy matters a great deal to me when I’m online. So, I’d like to take a moment to tell you how your data is handled in the context of this blog.
Chai Sweet Chai is my virtual digital marketing assistance website.
Should you ever have any concerns with regards to how your data is being handled when you interact with this website, do not hesitate to drop me a line and I’d be very happy to assist you with your query. I’m reachable on chaisweetchai(at)veryfast(com)biz.
THIRD-PARTY & COOKIES
To run and manage this website I use the following service providers:
- WordPress.com – website provider (hosting, operation and security)
- Fastmail.com – email provider (email receipt, response and storing)
All these third-party service providers operate under their own respective privacy and cookie policies:
I do not, at this stage, use anything else on this website, meaning no plugins, google analytics, email building list service such as Mailchimp, ads and other third-party service providers.
CHAI SWEET CHAI
WHAT DATA I COLLECT
I collect personal data from my website visitors when these choose to send me an email, either directly from their personal mailbox or indirectly by using my contact form.
I collect the below data from you:
- IP address (only when you use the blog’s contact form)
- Content of email
- Time and date the email was sent to me
- Whether you’re a WordPress.com account holder (only when you use the blog’s contact form)
WHY I COLLECT THIS DATA
Under the GDPR, my legal basis for collecting and processing the above data are:
- I have a legitimate interest in allowing you to get in touch with me to check whether I can support your business or whether we can collaborate.
- Consent – Sometimes, when you email me for instance, you choose to share your basic personal data like name and email address with me, which implies that you are happy with me to not only see these but also use them to respond to your email should it require a response. In a similar fashion, when you leave a comment on the blog, you choose to have your comment public.
Under the new data protection law, the GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent for me to collect and process your data any time. Please see below how to.
WHERE I GET THIS DATA FROM
Direct Email: you, the website visitor.
Indirect Email: WordPress.com, i.e the website’s contact form. After you’ve sent me a message via the contact form, WordPress.com forwards me your email with all the data mentioned above.
WHAT I DO WITH THIS DATA (HOW LONG I STORE IT & RESPONDING)
Essentially, after you chose to get in touch, I’ll end up with the above data in my mailbox. That’s the collecting and holding part of it.
Then, I read your email and treat it the following way:
- Your email does not require a response. In this case, I will delete it as soon as I’ve read it.
- Your email requires a response. In this case, I will respond first then delete the email.
- Your email requires a response + is about seeking my help + I believe I can help. In this case, I will respond back and keep your initial details in my mailbox so we can take the conversation further.
- Your email is about a potential collaboration and I am interested in your offer. I will respond to you and keep all your emails for the duration of the collaboration because I will need it to communicate with you. Once our collaboration over, I will delete your emails unless you authorize me to keep them in my mailbox should it be useful for us to collaborate again in the future and I am the one initiating it the second time around.
This website is hosted and operated by WordPress.com, meaning security is solely the responsibility of WordPress.com. And they are very good at security.
In addition to using a very secure web solution, I also take extra precautions by using an encrypted computer and following good practices when working with technology.
Personal Data is typically collected and processed, as explained above, by WordPress.com, Fastmail and myself when you do one of the following:
- Send me an email – I will see your personal data as stated above.
Should you no longer be happy with the above, you have the right to withdraw consent for me to see, collect and process your data as described above any time. Here is how you can withdraw consent:
To withdraw consent for me to store the personal data that comes with your email, email me at chaisweetchai(at)veryfast(com)biz.
Find out more about your rights under the GDPR below.
This website is targeted at adults. This is not a website aimed at children and I do not knowingly collect children’s personal data as a result. This said, if you’ve come to learn of a child who shared their personal information with me, do let me know so I can immediately delete it my side (if they sent me an email).
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
Under the GDPR, the new data protection law, you have the following rights:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing –You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing –You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability –You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Contact me at chaisweetchai(at)veryfast(com)biz if you wish to enquire about the data I hold on you and how I use it.
INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or by phone on 0303 123 1113.